Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Departure Day

Today is the day I leave VA for Alaska on my motorcycle, via Key West. What?! Yes, even though many have tried to talk me out of it, I'm riding to Key West first. To me, it makes perfect sense, because if I ride from Key West to Prudhoe Bay, AK (the Ultimate Coast to Coast) I get a certificate from the Iron Butt Association! I mean hell, if there's one good reason to go 1,200 miles out of my way it would be to get a certificate. But there's more. The Iron Butt association also gives a certificate for riding 1,000 miles in 24 hours. That's called the Saddle Sore 1000. I figured since I'm riding so far anyway I might as well go for that certificate on the way down to FL. See the logic? Not everyone does, but it's obvious to me. C'mon people.
Departure


One Possible Route

3 comments:

  1. Well, hell, I guess I can see it. Of course, I wouldn't go 10 feet on a motorcycle, so what do I know? But if you have a good time, if you see good things and take photos that make you (and your pals here) happy, it really doesn't matter how much out of your way you go. Because then there's no such thing as out of your way. Take care, have fun, keep writing, Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another exciting adventure! Cool blog! Will look forward to photos and videos from the road. Be safe! ~Holly T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Andy. Keep up the video posts. You are a natural on camera.
    Cheers mate
    Graeme

    ReplyDelete