Sunday, July 15, 2012

Crickets

Nothing is happening quickly right now. I've got the van advertised on craigslist and ebay for $13,500 and not getting any action. Over the past couple of days I've continued cleaning it though and got it looking pretty good:
Look I made the bed!


I did have a little excitement on Friday when I got a call from Mark, a friend and accomplished photographer from DC. He was in the neighborhood to do a 200 mile bike ride from Glacier View to Valdez, so we met up and had lunch and explored in the Sporstmobile a little. I was going to meet him in Valdez and take the ferry to Whittier, but when I called for reservations there was no room for the motorcycle, so I didn't make the trip.
I feel kind of trapped in that I need to be near the computer and wifi in case I get hits on the van, but I'm not really trapped. I could go out and do a hike or something for a day and just log on to email at the end of the day. For some reason I'm not doing that. Well one reason I don't move around too much is that my van only gets 13 mpg, so to move it is about 30 cents a mile, and that adds up. Still, I'm going to try to be more active during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment