Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kinda Quiet Now

Man, after all the traveling, getting the van ready and waiting for it to sell is not very exciting. In fact it's close to driving me insane. I've got it posted on craigslist and ebay, and now I wait. No hits yet.

During the day I hang out in a coffeeshop in Palmer called Vagabond Blues. But I can only drink so much coffee and surf the internet for so long before I get antsy. At 13 mpg, the van is expensive to move around, so I don't really want to go exploring with it.

The motorcycle is in dire need of new tires, so this morning I go to start it to take it to the shop and the battery was dead. That damn battery. This time I'd left the GPS on the bike, turned off, but somehow over the course of a week it managed to drain a lot of the battery. I pulled the battery and drove to the motorcycle shop to get it tested and charged. While it charged I hung out at Vagabond Blues.

I've got the battery now and will try it out tomorrow. Since I'm living in the van, it doesn't really matter where I am, I can spend the night anywhere. Since Palmer has cell phone and internet (the whole town actually has wireless), I'm going to stay here tonight and wait for hits on the van.
Sportsmobile Getting Some TLC

Daily Scenery

7 comments:

  1. Living in a van, down by the river...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck selling it andy. i hope you are advertising it across the whole west coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have it on craigslist and ebay, and going through the process of putting it on the Spotsmobile site. And I lowered the price. Need to sell that thing! Too expensive to move around.

      Delete
  3. Incredible scenery! It seems surreal to see a sky and landscape so clear, but then again there is a BIG difference between AK and LA. Good luck selling the van. ~Holly T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, the clearness of the sky here is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turn it in to a 4WD ice cream truck and you could corner the market in the Yukon. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete