Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crazy Ferry Ride

Man I've had a great week since leaving Alaska. I'm currently in Bellingham, WA with a new friend I met on the ferry, Bryan. He's really into motorcycles and helped me clean my radiator along with Mike, another friend from the ferry. Mike is from Alabama and is riding a Triumph.
Me and Mike
A ton of mud was still in my radiator from the trip to Prudhoe Bay, and the bike had been running hot. We first soaked it in hot water which got a lot of the mud out, but in the end we resorted to soaking it in gasoline. That did the trick.

Bryan's garage.

Bryan trying to get the goo out of my radiator
Radiator removed

Mud on the inside of the fairing
Bryan Painting the radiator. The gas had eaten away the paint.
Radiator removed.
I boarded the ferry in Whittier, a very small and odd town. Had to kill a day there since the ferry departed at 11:45pm.
Bicycle traveler in Whittier.

Our ferry in Whittier.
Cruise ship docked in Whittier.
80 percent of Whittier's population lives in the apartment building in the distance.
The Kennicott, our ferry.
Cruise ship in Whittier.

Seaplane outside of Juneau.

Crazy friends. More on them later.
Atomic Bomb Veteran I met on the ferry.
I have some catching up to do on the ferry ride, but today I'm riding to Whistler, BC.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and cool report! Amazing people you are running into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me happy that you guys got to hang out more. Love the boat pic!

    ReplyDelete