Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sanitarium

The 5-day ferry ride from Whittier to Bellingham, WA turned out to be a freakin' blast. I had thought twice about even taking the ferry, as I imagined 5 days cooped up on a boat with no internet, reading a book and bored as hell. The fun started when I met Mike early in the day at the ferry terminal. He's 52, from Alabama and had ridden his Triumph. Mike had met Al, a 57 year old Iowa corn farmer, the previous day and he joined us as we boarded the ferry--he'd ridden his Harley from Iowa. Once on board we met Sandy from FL, and Bryan, and Deb--a 33 year old speech therapist. For 5 days we just goofed off, laughed and played hearts. It was a really strange fun time that's hard to explain. Kind of slap happy the whole time.

You could camp out on the boat! It was a strange sensation to be in the tent while the boat was moving.




Mike, Bryan, and Deb at a stop in Juneau

Bryan during lunch at the Red Dog in Juneau

Sandy and Mike in the bar on board

Mike, me, Bryan, Deb, Al, Sandy at stop in Ketchican

Sandy, Bryan, Deb

Deb, Al, Mike

Al, Deb, Mike

Al, Deb




1 comment:

  1. The shot of Bryan's happy face sitting between two pretty women is priceless. You're inspiring me to pick up my blog again as I leave for ME this morning. We need a reunion tour someday!

    ReplyDelete