Monday, June 4, 2012

Breakup


I had a falling out with my girl today. You know how couples get in big fights over directions? Well, my girl (let's just call her "Garmin") took me on a wild goose chase today leaving Tampa. Normally I have complete trust in her direction finding abilities, but today she took me through local roads with traffic and stoplights, instead of going on the interstate--obviously the quickest route. She was apparently pissed off at me, because she was also giving me the silent treatment. She would only talk to me to tell me where to turn. Whenever I suggested an alternate route, all she would say is "Recalculating" in a really patronizing and monotone voice. I don't know what her problem was but I doubt she's getting a firmware update anytime soon if you know what I mean.


3 comments:

  1. Andy-
    Gabe and I are checking out your website at work. Good luck. We might run into you in Colorado. Are you going to post your return route?
    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome. No return route yet, it might involve a shipping container. But if I continue to have as good a time as I am I'll probably ride back.

      Andy

      Delete
  2. ROFL....hilarious post! Gotta throw my 2-cents in here....when I was a road warrior for work, my Garmin every once in awhile would route me through local roads with traffic and stoplights. I later learned that she was routing me past an accident or heavy traffic so when I got back on the interstate it was smoooooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete