Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yellowstone to Boulder, MT


I'd never been to MT before, so was excited to take 287 towards Glacier NP. The weather was great and the road and scenery were amazing--mountains, rivers and valleys, and as they say, a big sky. Toward the end of the day I was trying to figure out where I'd stay when I passed a sign that said Boulder Hot Springs Inn. I slammed on the brakes and headed there. It was a creepy old retreat center with like one car in the lot, but I didn't care, I wanted to soak in the hot springs. I went in to the office and a nice hippie woman told me all about the springs and I booked a guest room there. I went up to my room, which was decorated like a grandmother's house, but comfortable otherwise. I changed into my bathing suit and enjoyed a hot soak in the outdoor pool that was fed by the hot springs, enjoying the cool, dry mountain air and taking in the mountains as the sun made it's way down toward the horizon. I slept well.

In the morning I was fed a nice hippie breakfast by Theresa, the cook. I hung out in the lobby and messed around with the computer and drank coffee. Around 11 am I geared up and headed for the west side of Glacier National Park.

Boulder Hot Springs

No comments:

Post a Comment