Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Braunfels, TX

It was about a 5 hour trip from Houston to New Braunfels, where I met up with my friend and former combat crew commander Jim Gray. A funny thing happened just before I got to his house though. Another motorcyclist, seeing my Virginia plates, started following me. It was apparent he wanted me to pull over, so I did. His name was Martin, and he noticed the packs on my bike and just wanted to chat and find out where I was going. I told him about my trip, and he gave me his number and email "in case I needed anything." So cool. I'm hoping for lots of random experiences like that on this trip.

Martin

3 comments:

  1. It was smart of you to take a picture of Martin in case he decides to lure you into his dungeon of horrors. At least we'll know who we're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found out that there a lot of nice riders, people I've never seen before, that are happy to stop and chat, offer help and directions to fellow bikers, and are just plain interested in your trip. I guess you have to make quick personality judgements before you stop, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the items I installed on my FJR for longer trips were the "Wild Bill" highway pegs. They were reasonably priced, good quality, easy to install, and they let me stretch out my legs for a while on long hauls. And, they fold up out of the way when you don't need them.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete