Sunday, June 10, 2012

Santa Fe and Denver

Well it's Sat morning and I'm on the 13th day of my trip. I can't even tell you how fast the time has flown by. It's been great the whole way, just riding and visiting great friends. I know how lucky I am to have this opportunity so I am relishing it.

I rode from New Braunfels, TX to Sweetwater, TX on Thursday, where I spent a great night in a luxurious Hampton Inn. That's a great hotel, I'll look for them when I need another one. They had a hot tub which was great for my aching body. On Friday I rode to Santa Fe, but had time in Clovis, NM to get an oil change at a small Yamaha shop there. The ride was great and sunny once I got out of Sweetwater, and the weather was nice and cool, a welcome reprieve from the sweltering heat and humidity down south.

I spent a great evening in Santa Fe with a friend I know from high school, Melissa McDonald. The house and garden and food we ate were like they were from a magazine, I wish I had taken more pictures. Got to meet her crazy kids (all kids are), but luckily I avoided another time out.

Then last night, through a pretty wild coincidence, I met up with my good friend Matt Caesar, his brother Chris and their friends and went to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters at one of the most incredible venues in existence, Red Rocks near Denver, CO. They had flown in from VA for the show, and not only was the timing spot on but Chris even had an extra ticket for me. I love stuff like that. We got to the show early and tailgated, played frisbee and enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery. It feels really good to be out west.

Me, Matt and Chris at Red Rocks


3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Can't beleive that all just worked out without even planning it. See you in a couple days. (I'm using Steve's google account for these posts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like synchronicities abound

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like an amazing leg of the trip all the way around. Way cool connecting with your buddies to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters at Red Rocks. Looks like an amazing place.
    ~Holly T.

    ReplyDelete