Friday, June 29, 2012

Toad River to Whitehorse

I camped last night and it rained. The rain stopped long enough this morning for me to break camp, and then it started raining again. According to weather reports, it looks like I'll be facing rain the rest of the trip. It's kind of cold, too--maybe 50 degrees.

I went to the Yamaha dealer in Whitehorse to sort out my battery issues. I had them test my battery and it checked out fine, leaving me feeling like a bit of a dumbass. I thought the battery should be able to power my lights for more than 10 minutes (ok it may have been more like 30 minutes), but according to the service tech that could easily drain the battery. So that's good news.

Outside the Yamaha place there were a couple of BMW guys changing their tires from dirt to street. We talked for a bit and then a couple of guys rode up on Yamaha Teneres, which is Yamaha's new dual-sport. We had a mini rally in the parking lot talking bikes and weather and road conditions. I'm thinking my next bike might be a Yamah Tenere.





No Cars

3 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone has the longer wind screen. I've been thinking about those.
    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "No Cars" shot!!!

    ~Holly T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Amazing how empty the roads are up there. Makes them great for motorcycling.

      Delete