Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Zen of Ass Pain


One drawback to long distance motorcycle riding is pain--ass pain. Ancient texts reveal that pain is in fact a selfish, self-centered experience, and to control the ass pain it often helps to think of someone else's ass. I find this very effective. There are other techniques as well. It is possible, using the mind, to relieve pain by removing thoughts of pain. In other words, compartmentalize the ass pain.
Modern science has also contributed much to the field of ass pain management. Mental anesthesia is the technique of imagining a pain killer entering the body, so sometimes on a long ride I imagine snorting some crushed Vicoden followed by a shot of tequila. That usually helps. Some say deep breathing and relaxation can help but that's a load of horse shit and just makes me hyperventilate, fall asleep and run my motorcycle into a ditch, so I don't use that technique anymore.

If you have some techniques for controlling ass pain that I haven't mentioned, please leave your tips in the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. TempurPedic Chair Seat Cushion?

    http://www.tempurpedic.com//Cushions/Tempur-Pedic-SeatCushion.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that's a good one I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of how bad the ass pain would be in you were in jail. It will make your riding ass pain less severe easy to cope with. That should get you through your ride.....you can thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched American History X so that is a very good suggestion. Gracias amigo.

      Delete