Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Escape From Yellowstone


I'm really ambivalent about national parks. Sure, they're beautiful and all, but they feel more like a museum than actual nature. There are just too many people, too many cars and RVs. Now, the people are friendly (a nice couple helped me pick a backroads route to Glacier), there's just too many of them. I've seen equally magnificent scenery just riding back roads through the mountains, and there were almost no cars. Anyway, I went to one location, the Yellowstone Canyon, and after finding a parking place and staring at the falls for a minute with a crowd, I decided to get the hell out of there. The experience made me question my decision to go to Glacier NP if it was going to be as crowded as this. However I've decided to go to Glacier anyway, primarily to ride the Going to the Sun highway, an legendary road twisting through the park.






No comments:

Post a Comment