Monday, June 18, 2012

Nevermind


Forget all the whining I did about camping. I camped last night in the Shoshone NF and I wouldn't have traded it for even a night at the Ritz. Waking up to spectacular scenery and the cool fresh mountain air was bliss and made any hassle worth it. I fixed a cup of coffee and slowly broke camp, it was like a meditation as I put things away, packing them carefully onto the motorcycle. I felt good.

Leaving Casper it was REALLY windy, Wyoming windy. I remembered the feeling of the wind and the quality of the air from living in Cheyenne Wyoming for 4 years when I was in the Air Force. The wind was so strong I had to counter steer in order to continue straight down the highway.

Beautiful Morning

 Windy North of Casper

 Mountains Outside of Sheridan

 About 10,000 Feet Outside of Sheridan



 Campsite

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures and update. Sure beats waking up in DC and dealing with traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess part of the draw of motorcycle camping is the time it takes to set up and break down the equipment - gives you time slow down, decompress, and "smell the coffee". Great pix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it andy. great job and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics and update! ~Holly T.

    ReplyDelete